Thursday, September 30, 2010

The missing Coin - Part Four

Paying in antiques

my doubting led to cursing and anger.............this was the first time id been burnt and it stung.
I decided my sugar days were over, it was too risky......i felt used.

After a week of bitterness and avoidance of all males........i got a phone call one night whilst in the library. The number was blocked but it was him. Oh this was good I thought, I wonder what he has to say for himself. The small talk was agnoising, I dont know why but he figured id want to talk about 'how my day was, or what im doing in the weekend' .
Finally he cut to the chase......."Im sorry about the money, I have something I need to explain to you" can you do dinner on wednesday? Ill give you the cash then.
I told him "i wasnt sure and wanted to see it in my account first" (yes i was still irritated at him). He pleaded with me to just "trust him". I finally conceded in and agreed to meet him. If nothing else at least I may get my money, then i can up and leave. Sugar relationships are meant to be simple. this one was far too much drama and it had only been a week.


Wednesday rolled around and I met him at 'la porchetta' an italian restaurant on the waterfront.
My bitterness had motivated me to dress extra beautiful. I wanted him to realise just what he was about to lose. I picked a simple princess line dress in a deep purple and black kitten heels. I wore my long hair down. The blondness of my hair paired with the purple dress gave me a sultry, sexy look. I was ready to kill...literally?

We settled into dinner. my dress had the effect i desired; he couldn't keep his eyes off me.
Sitting down he sighed- grabbed my hand and proceeded to tell me the following tale:
"Im in the middle of a lawsuit with my company and just had to pay my lawyers bill, I dont have any money left over at present". "Just give me a bit more time".
I glanced sideways at him. "sure buddy......you were fine before, how coincidental?!"
He tries to explain the questions i direct at him but his explanations are vague.

Him: I know its coincidental
him: yes I know its strange I dont have savings but i've come out of a messy divorce a year back and lost most of my assets. After the divorce I went crazy and spent everything i had.
him: yes I get a high wage- but its mainly bonuses and commission. Because i''m in trouble at present my bonus and commission have stopped.

I got up gracefully from the table after finishing my meal (of course) and told him I had to leave. He pleaded with me, and pressed a coin into my hand
The coin was from 1648........apparently worth 3k.........apparently a token of his word.
But what use was a coin? and what about the real coinage he owed me?

was this the last id hear of him? was there something more to the coin?
the end?

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what happens next i need to know!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete